Friday 10 April 2015

Jesus' Personal Sacrifice.

Jesus' Personal Sacrifice. When we come to the Cross and think about what Jesus did, how personal was this for Him? How personal is this to you and me? When I read in the Bible what they did to Him it always makes me cry. He was the Son of God, pure and lovely, kindness itself, without sin, humble, holy. They spat on Him, mocked Him, struck Him, stripped Him, beat Him, humiliated Him. Pushed a crown of thorns into His head, tied Him to a post and whipped Him. Drove nails into His hands and feet and stuck a spear into His side. At any moment, He could have stopped the lot and disintegrated them all. But He chose to take it for you and me - personally. He said - no-one takes My life from Me, I lay it down. He could have called to His Father for legions of angels. But He knew that to be the Saviour of mankind, He had to die. For our salvation, healing, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment